Community
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 

2 Users with 4 machines and syncing

2 Users with 4 machines and syncing

I have ACT Pro 2013 and I have 2 licenses for 2 users. Our main database is on a desktop. When I created the remote databases I created 3 of them. I am unsure as to how this scenario would work. Lets call the database RemoteDB this would be the main db name. When I created the remote db I named them RDB_1 RDB_2 RDB_3 now RDB_1 is being put on another desktop computer. I have 2 laptops that we use when we travel for business and I am wondering if I am able to put _2 & _3 on both those laptops without having to buy additional user licenses. We only have 2 people actually using the database so we would not be logged into all 4 db's at the same time. Is this possible to do without having to purchase additional licenses? Also how would the syncing the db's work with with type of setup or if it is even possible?

Thanks!

Platinum Elite Contributor

Re: 2 Users with 4 machines and syncing

Re: 2 Users with 4 machines and syncing

Any idea how the syncing between the 4 different machines work? If the two desktop machines are synced when I log into the laptops will those synced files already be there or would I need to sync again?