Do you mean 

2 Questions: Possible autofilling smart task and "last searched" group

Accepted Solution Solved
Highlighted
Astute Commentator
Accepted Solution

2 Questions: Possible autofilling smart task and "last searched" group

Greetings everyone,

my supervisor has a question about a special functionality and I have a hard time thinking of any way to provide this function.

To give you the respective background: The company that I work for used to have a custom CRM system programmed for their needs, which, however, is no longer in use. In their system there was a field where one could add contact details in a fixed syntax and the system would automatically create a new contact, using the information that was filled into the field.

For example:

<Name> \n

<Surname> \n

<Country> \n

<Email> \n

( “\n” hereby stands for a new line. It was the indicator for the Software, that it should address the next field.)

Is there a way to simulate such a functionality in Act!? My first idea was to use smart tasks for empty contacts. The software should extract any information from an empty text field and sort it respectively. Is it possible to establish this with Act!?

----------------

My second question is, whether it is possible to create a group or something similar that displays the last searched contacts (E.g. the last five searched contacts). 

Many thanks,

Dieter!

Accepted Solutions
Solution
Accepted by topic author DieterHerrmann
2 weeks ago
Bronze Elite Contributor

Re: 2 Questions: Possible autofilling smart task and "last searched" group

Take a look at this data entry add-on

https://www.exponenciel.com/actaddons/actaddon.aspx?ID=117

ACT does not record lookup activity so unless something on the individual records has changed there is no way of finding out who has looked what up.

Work arounds - get users to change the lookup to an advanced query and then save. Now you have a list of lookups.

Add a last Lookup date field and get users to do a lookup edit of the field.

View solution in original post

All Replies
Solution
Accepted by topic author DieterHerrmann
2 weeks ago
Bronze Elite Contributor

Take a look at this data entry add-on

https://www.exponenciel.com/actaddons/actaddon.aspx?ID=117

ACT does not record lookup activity so unless something on the individual records has changed there is no way of finding out who has looked what up.

Work arounds - get users to change the lookup to an advanced query and then save. Now you have a list of lookups.

Add a last Lookup date field and get users to do a lookup edit of the field.

Astute Commentator

Thank you very much!