Community
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 

1st Amendment Rights

1st Amendment Rights

This forum is of course is controlled by Sage.  Any comments about Act! or Sage that are not postive are imediately removed.  If you look at the posts in this forum it is clear that there are serious problems with this product.  I have personally invested thousands of dollars in this product only to find problems that technical support promises that will be fixed in the next release which will cost another 400 to 600 dollars to upgrade the PCs in my company.

I have read the community guidelines and find that they are worded only to prevent postings such as this one.  I am sure my membership in this forum will be removed to prevent me from voicing my opinons.   If it is I will start a blog and website urging people to look at the history of the Act! product before they purchase and see it there are not cheaper and better alternatives. 

Platinum Elite Contributor

Re: 1st Amendment Rights

First, this is a commercial site... I'm in Australia, but even I know that the US 1st amendment means you can say it, but they don't have to provide the forum for you to say it.

I have made MANY negative comments about Sage. Their treatment of international partners (outside North America) is truly shocking...

The fact that you see problems in this forum is because it's main purpose is for helping users with technical issues. It's the same with technical forums for any other software product.

Only point 1 of the guidelines have you ignored. If you have specific problems, it would make more sense to actually post them rather than have a fit

[ Edited ]

You are absolutely right.

The 1st Amendment does not apply to this forum.

You did not get to see the post that I made that was removed.

I want to keep using Act! in my company but the upgrade policy of Sage had now put Act! off limits.  I have called and talked to customer service and was told "tough {edited - word filter avoidance}".  

I feel disrepected after being an Act! user for over 10 years.

I just want other Act! users to know how Sage really feels about them. 

Message Edited by tashina on 08-23-2008 11:13 PM

The only reasons I can think they'd remove posts is either for language, personal attacks, legality or spam... did yous fall into one of those?

What's your problem with ACT! or the upgrade policy? Most software that isn't a service is moving to annual upgrades... but not everyone has to upgrade every year (although I'm sure Sage would like it). Most users I speak to upgrade every 2 years unless there is a specific feature they need in the 1 year one (eg Vista and Office 2007 support in ACT! 2008).

This forum is a great thing Sage has done as it allows the users to express their issues and, in many cases, get direct assistance from senior managers, some of whom have taken an active role here.

My biggest gripe with Sage is they way the split into regions internationally. The North American guys say we should ask our local offices to implement programs similar to NA, but the regions don't have the volumes in sales, nor the resources and certainly not the technical skills.

The post I made did not use bad language, was not a personal attack, was not illegal and was not spam.

I only criticized Sage's upgrade policy and that is was based on greed and not product quality.

The reason that I am so upset is that I purschased Act! 2006 which had problems with Outlook.  I upgraded to 2007 which had problems with Vista.  I upgraded to 2008 in April of this year to get Vista compatiblity.  So now 4 months later I am offered an upgrade that will fix more issues that were in 2008.  

What really irks me is that I contacted Support about problems in 2008 shortly after my 30 day warranty period ended and was told at that time that the problems I was having would be fixed in 2009.  I was also told that there would be special upgrade prices for people who purchased so close to the new release.

The customers who purchased Act! 2008 even within 30 of the release got no special consideration.

I am a strong believer in proper business ethics and companies that straddle the fence between greed and reputable business practices do not deserve my business or respect.

I am not asking for Sage to give me something for nothing.  I am more than willing to pay a reasonable amout for the upgrade.

Just stating that you're unhappy won't get a pot removed... but leaving post where the user doesn't seem to want help and isn't being constructive doesn't help either. They have pulled posts of miine before, but did explain their reasons.

I don't recall ACT! 2006 having specific major problems with Outlook. Re Vista, I explained in the other thread that most products required upgrades for Vista, including those from Microsoft.

What issues do you have in 2008 that you think will be fixed in 2009? I can tell you it feels much better to use and I love the enhanced Outlook integration and have found quite a few other things that are pretty cool ... I think it's the best version of ACT! so far.

If you purchased within 30 days of release, you should have got a free upgrade... not sure if it's still the case in the US (I thinkit is), but ACT! has a 30-day money back guarantee... so if you couldn't get a free upgrade you could have returned it within 30 days and re-purchase.

It's another good reason to partner with an ACC... they know when these offers are available and how to get them.

It really doesn't matter why they pulled the post but they did.  They just did not like what I said about Sage and the product.

These posts will be pulled on Monday when everyone gets back to work.

I guess the only thing to do is purchase Act! and return it every 30 days.  But I was told by customer service that the 30 day upgrade policy was not in effect for the 2009 product.  I cannot say whether this is true of not.

I agree that this forum is great to help customers. 

Thanks for all your comments. 

That is funny.  It sure conflicts with this information:

http://www.act.com/products/2008/faq/#return 

Well, they do have a return policy ... 30 or 60 days.

As they have the 60-day on their site, they'd have to honor it... as you said you were within 30-days of ACT! 2009, you must still be within 60