Community
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 

1603 Error when trying to install 2010 Service Pack 1 (SP1) & Hot Fix 1

1603 Error when trying to install 2010 Service Pack 1 (SP1) & Hot Fix 1

Firstly, I have done a search on the forum and have seen posts relating to this error message before.

I would like to add that I have already tried the following

Disabling IIS

Running RegClean

Updating everything else

Checkign for latest versions of framework, MSXML etc

Uninstalling / reinstalling

Defrag

Changing destination drives

Uninstalling/reinstalling applying update without opening

Disabled UAC

Ran as Administrator

and I still get Error 1603

The enviroment is Server 2008 and I am trying to install Sage Premium 2010. The initial installation goes ok. (though it didnt at first). If i try to remove it from Add/Remove programs - I get the error 1603 also. So I have been using the uninstall tool downloaded from this site.

As mentioned, I can install ok and everything works. However If i try installing 2010 SP1 & Hotfix 1 I get teh error message 1603 and ACT does not work at all after that. I have tried to catch which part it falls over on the installation, and I think it might be something to do with IIS

Regards

Rob

Platinum Super Contributor

Re: 1603 Error when trying to install 2010 Service Pack 1 (SP1) & Hot Fix 1

Hello Chance1234,

Welcome to the Act! Online Community!

I am providing you a link to download the fully updated Act! 2010 Premium install files, see your Private Messages.

Before installing with these files, be sure to uninstall Act! 2010 Premium using the Act!Uninstaller utility you mentioned in your post.

Greg Martin
Sage

Greg,

Long story short, I would also like to download the newest install files for Act! 2010 Premium. I have had an unpleasant time with the original CD, to put it mildly. I have been through all of the steps including manual removal and use of the uninstall utility .exe. Afterwards, I was able to install from the CDs, but then I ran Help > Act! Update which ends in a 1603 error (which I have seen numerous times on various machines I've upgraded on) while intalling the update that is the subject of this thread.

Thank you for your assistance.

Mark

Platinum Super Contributor

Mark,

Welcome to the Sage ACT! Online Community!

Please see your Private Notes.

Greg Martin
Sage