Community
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 

15,000+ activities

15,000+ activities

Just recently I have been getting a pop up on my calendar for over 15,000 events. Obviously somehow we are going back to the days when I first started using ACT. When I try to 'select all' so that I can cancel the activities my system locks up and won't respond. Any ideas on how I can correct this problem? I can't even get into act because this seems to tie up all my resources.
Platinum Elite Contributor

Re: 15,000+ activities

What version of ACT! (full build from Help | about)?

Do you sync activities with Outlook or a PDA?

I'm operating with Version 10.0.0.237, Hotfix 1 and I sync to Outlook

I think something went wrong in the Outlook sync, possibly a bad PST/OST in Outlook

In most cases the Inbox Repair Tool in Microsoft Outlook will fix this issue, for more information on using this, please visit Microsoft's website by clicking this link: Microsoft Outlook Inbox Repair Tool. If the repair tool fails to resolve this issue, then you will need to create another Microsoft Outlook profile.

Another couple of possibilities are in these ACT! Knowledge Base articles - http://tinyurl.com/yt2d8q

You don't need to snooze the activities. Minimize the alarm Window and try clearing the activities as per this ACT! Knowledge base article - http://tinyurl.com/2edsxm

Great. Now all I have to figure out is how to eliminate the 15723 alarms set in ACT. Any suggestions. This is such a large set that the system bogs down when I try to select all of the alarms before I clear the activity or even if I try to select a sew to clear (which would take days to clear them all in small groups).

Read the last line of my last post :-)

Just minimize the alarms and get rid of the activities from the Task List.... start with a few screens at a time and gradually increase the number you select

Backup first, of course and do a database repair after

The problem is that when the alarms list comes up it completely consumes all my resources so I'm not able to do anything with the program at all. I'll continue trying but I've spent lieterally hours doing this and it's getting really frustrating. I appreciate your help.

This is totally not working. When ACT starts I have about 10 seconds that I can use the program. Then the activity window comes up. If I click on ANY button the system stops functioning and the 'hour glass' sits and spins. I cannot do anything at all. Period. Nada. Dead as a doornail. I agree that your explanation of Erasing Multiple Activities should work and I have been trying to do just that, but when it has 15,000+ items it's going to lock up. I do appreciate your attempts to help but I'm just tired of this piece of crap. Hate calling ACT because of their outrageous costs for support. Why pay for a program that should have been working in the first place. Seems like robbery to me, make a product that doesn't work and then charge to get a solution. Sorry about ranting but I've had more problems with this program than any other I've ever owned and I can't get a resolution.

Why not try letting it pop-up and then leaving it?
Go to lunch, or even overnight

See if the list eventually builds

I did. It's been on since yesterday afternoon at 3 when we went to friends for dinner. 7:15 this am it's still doing the same thing (nothing). Any other ideas?