Community
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 

11.1 Service Pack

Accepted Solution Solved
Accepted Solution

11.1 Service Pack

Indeed the service pack was released and automatically downloaded to my machine yesterday. I installed the file and lost contact with ACT Link for Palm. I have done a repair of that installation and a reinstall of of the program. Still no connection.

I get a warning message when I try to sync telling me that "This application failed to start because the application configuration is incorrect. Reinstalling the application may fix this problem." It also causes the Sync Manager to try and shut down. If I ignore the shut down warning message the rest of the Sync completes but no log file is written.

Re installation doesn't fix the problem! What now?

Anybody have a solution?

Accepted Solutions
Solution
Accepted by topic author jonesgp
‎09-25-2015 03:20 AM

Re: 11.1 Service Pack

Good News! I found a solution to the problem. As I read other postings I realized that 11.1 was apparently published in two flavors. As a "patch" over 11.0 and as a full stand alone install file. I again uninstalled the Act for Palm program. I then downloaded the stand alone install file. When I attempted to install it I was prompted to uninstall 11.0. That ended up in a total uninstall of the original files as well as the patch and the SQL Server files. I reinstalled the original Act 11.0 and then installed 11.1 on top of that. After confirming that my database was functioning properly I reinstalled the sync program. Success!

Again, I hope that things are going to go much better with future updates. This was a terrible waste of my time!

View solution in original post

All Replies

Try uninstalling the link and Palm Desktop.  Then rename the palmOne folder located in C:\Program Files.  Once done, reinstall Palm Desktop and sync your handheld.  Once you've synchronized successfully, install ACT! Link for Palm OS.

[ Edited ]

David: Thanks for the suggestion. Unfortunately it has not solved the problem. I get the very same error mesage reporting misconfiguration.

Something else? I surely hope that I'm not going to have to go through all of these hoops every time a new patch is put out!

Message Edited by jonesgp on 03-16-2009 09:40 PM
Solution
Accepted by topic author jonesgp
‎09-25-2015 03:20 AM

Good News! I found a solution to the problem. As I read other postings I realized that 11.1 was apparently published in two flavors. As a "patch" over 11.0 and as a full stand alone install file. I again uninstalled the Act for Palm program. I then downloaded the stand alone install file. When I attempted to install it I was prompted to uninstall 11.0. That ended up in a total uninstall of the original files as well as the patch and the SQL Server files. I reinstalled the original Act 11.0 and then installed 11.1 on top of that. After confirming that my database was functioning properly I reinstalled the sync program. Success!

Again, I hope that things are going to go much better with future updates. This was a terrible waste of my time!