Community
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 

10 Creator update disabled ACT Pro v19.2 & Outlook 10 communication

10 Creator update disabled ACT Pro v19.2 & Outlook 10 communication

I have tried everything to get my emails to be saved in my ACT histories.  After the update I couldn't even open ACT. I did the right click>properties>compatibility>Windows 8 and it open.  Now I can't get my emails to be saved.  I've checked the SQ stuff on services. I have ACT address book listed in Outlook. I've disabled the Windows Defender firewall.  Can someone give me a step by step troubleshooting course so I can get this resolved?

Thanks...Carl

Nickel Elite Contributor

Re: 10 Creator update disabled ACT Pro v19.2 & Outlook 10 communication

[ Edited ]

Hello, Remember that Act! V19 Works With Microsoft® Office 2010, 2013, and 2016 installed locally  (and I still suggest that it is 32 Bit to avoid some integration problem with Outlook)

The other thing is that the correct installation order is first Microsoft Office (Then I suggest configuring at least one email account in Outlook). and then proceed with the Act! installation.

I suggest placing more information about your environment to be able to suggest more accurately the possible solution, like ...  Windows Version (and 64 or 32 bit) Office Version (and 64 or 32 Bit).

NOTE: Remember that when you disable the Firewall of your antivirus, the Windows Firewall is activated, then consider the following link to make the exclusions of the Windows Firewall... http://kb.act.com/app/answers/detail/a_id/25125

If, in the end, you do not achieve the integration for the automatic creation of the history of the emails sent, I suggest you ask for the support of an Act! Certificate Consultant  or from the Act! support department directly

Best regards,

PRAXI SOLUTIONS INC (CRM and FSM Solutions)
contactus@praxisol.com
customercare@praxisol.com
https://www.praxisol.com/solutions

Thank you for your help. I didn't have the Microsoft Defender completely off. But what I believe fixed it was adding the exceptions to my Avast Free Antivirus Mail Shield. Once I put those in it started working fine. 

You asked about specifics:  I'm using Windows 10 Home 64bit; Office / Outlook 2010 32bit v14; The Act database product shows Microsoft SQL Server 2014 Express Edition 64bit.  Is there anything I need to change to prevent issues later?

Thanks again for your help!...Carl

Administrator

Hi Carl,

We're aware that the latest updates to Avast have caused a couple of problems for some Act! users. If you've added exceptions for the Act program hopefully you won't have any more worries on that front!