Community
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 

10.0.1 -> 10.0.2 (ie. the eternal install)

10.0.1 -> 10.0.2 (ie. the eternal install)

Receive "update" message to update from 10.0.1 to latest (Act Prem for RE).  During install it says I have to uninstall my previous version.  Hangs up with 3 bars left on the uninstall then when i force quit, it doesn't recognize the application.  I go to uninstall manually and it doesn't recognize the uninstaller.  Can't try the patch again but it says I don't have the original program installed to support the update.  Can use Act uninstaller (did) and manually uninstall, but still have to reinstall 10.0 and restart process.  Continual loop of clean, install 10.0, try to update, hang on uninstall, manuall uninstall, reinstall 10.0, etc..... Driving me nuts.  Suggestions are most welcome!

Copper Contributor

Re: 10.0.1 -> 10.0.2 (ie. the eternal install)

Hi

You wrote: 

>Continual loop of clean, install 10.0, try to update, hang on uninstall, manuall uninstall, reinstall 10.0, etc.....<

I had problems with ACT! 2008 (Ver 10) until I did as clean an install as possible on my Win XP Pro SP-2 system.

Click on Start button; click on Run; enter msconfig & press enter;select General tab; select "Selective Startup"; click on "Load Startup Items" box to Uncheck it; then select Services tab & uncheck every entry that isn't from Microsoft; click on "Apply" button; click on "OK" button; restart the computer; after rebooting, make sure that your anti-virus/spyware programs really are closed; install ACT! 2008 (Ver 10) and updates in this clean mode; after the install & update, reverse the steps to return the system to normal (I did a restart after the install before I returned my system to normal)

If the current problem is caused by an incomplete UN-install of ACT! and/or SQL, there is a Knowledge Base article that explains what files, etc need to be manually deleted. Sorry, but I don't know its number. I shall try to find it, & post another message with its URL.

Good Luck 

Copper Contributor

Re: 10.0.1 -> 10.0.2 (ie. the eternal install)

[ Edited ]

I found the Knowledge Base article: Answer ID 21390.

I wrote:

>If the current problem is caused by an incomplete UN-install of ACT! and/or SQL, there is a Knowledge Base article that explains what files, etc need to be manually deleted. Sorry, but I don't know its number. I shall try to find it, & post another message with its URL.<

The URL is:  LINK

Boy, this is one long URL. You can also find it by running a search on the phrase Answer ID 21390

{link edited to improve scrolling}

Message Edited by tashina on 06-22-2008 11:21 PM