Community
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 

why can't I install ACT 6.0 on my new laptop running Win 7

why can't I install ACT 6.0 on my new laptop running Win 7

I just bought a new laptop running Windows 7 and tried to install ACT 6.0. I get an error message that the software isn't compatible with the operating system.  It ran on my old laptop running XP.  Is there a way to make this work?  Any advice is appreciated.

John

Platinum Elite Contributor

Re: why can't I install ACT 6.0 on my new laptop running Win 7

ACT! 6 was written quite a few years before Windows 7 was thought of.

The best option is to upgrade to ACT! 2010, which is the first version to support Winsows 7

I have installed ACT!6.0 rel. 6.03 on two computers running windows 7 pro.  It has been working fine for about 3 weeks.  Now, one computer is giving me a message when ACT tries to load that says: "ACT!6.0 Application has stopped working; A problem caused the program to stop working correctly.  Windows will close the program and notify you if a solution is available."

I removed ACT from my computer, rebooted, installed the 6.03 upgrade and Word Hotfix update....same thing.

Any recommendations/thoughts?

Thanks.

- Jonathan 

ACT! 6 was not tested for operation on either Vista or Windows 7 so it's unknown what problems you might have or if they can be fixed. My advice, upgrade to ACT! 2010.
Roy Laudenslager
ACT! Certified Consultant
ACT! Report Expert
Durkin Impact Report Designer
www.techbenders.com
royel@techbenders.com
541-343-8129

ACT 6.0 has worked on my computer for years.  I converted to Windows 7 about 2 months ago.

Out of the blue, I recieved the same message now.  ACT! 6.0 Application has stopped working.........

If I purchase ACT 2010, would all my contacts come back including notes?