Community
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 

unable to re-register online after re-installation of Act! 6.0

Accepted Solution Solved
Accepted Solution

unable to re-register online after re-installation of Act! 6.0

Earlier today Act! 6.0 wouldn't open. After a seemingly successful uninstall and reinstall procedure, in the opening of Act! process, I was prompted to register, via either the internet or using a printout, and was informed that I wouldn't be able to use Act! until after registering. Note the registration form was already filled in due to a previous registration.

I attempted to register via the internet and after waiting a few minutes got a prompt that said "Internet connection required to register could not be made. In the Windows Control Panel, check the Internet Options Dial-up Settings." I found this somewhat strange as I have a broadband connection.

I did this twice and got the same result.

I use this program for business, and I am presently stuck in the middle of a project with a deadline. I hope someone will have the solution.

Thanks,

ekflet

Accepted Solutions
Solution
Accepted by topic author ekflet
‎09-25-2015 03:20 AM

Re: unable to re-register online after re-installation of Act! 6.0

Just select the print option when registering.  It will let you continue.

View solution in original post

All Replies
Solution
Accepted by topic author ekflet
‎09-25-2015 03:20 AM

Re: unable to re-register online after re-installation of Act! 6.0

Just select the print option when registering.  It will let you continue.

Does anyone know how I can re-enter my license code?

My issue is different. I had to reinstall XP in windows and then reinstall ACT 6.0 .. then I installed the updates.  I don't use Act much anymore and only access my database 4 or 5 times per year.  Anyway, turns out that my base copy is a trial copy and it redirects to www.act.com. 

My original thought was to reinstall ACT and make sure that I entered my license code but now I am locked out of ACT.  Does anyone know how I can log in and enter the information?   Please Help ... Thanks!!!

Re: Does anyone know how I can re-enter my license code?

With ACT! 6.0, you can only enter the serial number when installing.  If its not asking for the serial number when installing, it means you have the trail installation.

Re: Does anyone know how I can re-enter my license code?

That actually makes sense.  Usually when I purchase software online I put all downloads into a directory with along with the registration number.  Also I originally upgraded from Act 2005.  Do you happen to know what the name of the file is ... either the install file or upgrade file?  For an easier install?

Thanks,