Community
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 

trouble with word processing program

trouble with word processing program

Hello,

I use the very old Act 2000 (with Vista Business) and have some trouble with the word processing program.

If I want to write a letter, Act gives me a notice, that the act-inside program doesn´t works, because the driver would not be installed. I do not know why Act has this problem, but re-installing it was not a solution. So, I installed MS Office 2000 (normally I am working OpenOffice) to use the interface between Act 2000 an Office 2000 - but also the MS Office driver couldn´t find from Act.

Thanks for help!

Platinum Elite Contributor

Re: trouble with word processing program

ACT! 2000 has problems working on Vista. Remember, it was designed and tested for Windows 98 and Windows 2000. It can work on XP but there will be problems trying to use it on Vista. You need to upgrade to ACT! 2009.
Roy Laudenslager
ACT! Certified Consultant
ACT! Report Expert
Durkin Impact Report Designer
www.techbenders.com
royel@techbenders.com
541-343-8129

Thanks for your answer!

Visa also makes trouble the whole day, today I spent five hours with it. If Act 2000 has some more problems with Vista I better use

the downgrade to XP. Then I havn't problems neither with Viste nor with Act.

I asked an employee from Sage Germany why I should buy some new Act 11 licenses - he couldn't convinced me. Most of the features of the new Act versions are also available in Act 2000.

Talking of Open Office - I'm using a new WinXP machine, and have opted to not install MS Office at all. This causes a problem with ACT!2000 as only Word or ACT Word Processor are available.

Is there a way to get ACT!2000 working with Open Office, even if only with the word processor part of Open Office? And ... is there a way to set Thunderbird as the preferred email client as well?

Thanks,

Spice. 

Platinum Elite Contributor

No.
Roy Laudenslager
ACT! Certified Consultant
ACT! Report Expert
Durkin Impact Report Designer
www.techbenders.com
royel@techbenders.com
541-343-8129