Community
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 

"Fatal Error" when reindexing

"Fatal Error" when reindexing

Hi 

Firstly, before anyone asks, I have searched the forum here for a solution, but found none. The problem is that when I attempt to reindex my database, I get message: "a fatal error occurred during the operation". That's that! I ran ACTDIAG  "Scan and Repair" utility. It didn't sort out the problem. OP system is Windows XP Professional. I run MS Security Essentials as Anti virus software and Firewall. My Act version/build is 6.03979.

I had this database on another computer for some time. It ran Windows XP Home. With that set up, I had no problem re-indexing. It is only since I installed everything on current machine, that problem popped up. Everything else in ACT seem to work fine.

Any help would be most appreciated.

Thanks,

John. 

Platinum Elite Contributor

Re: "Fatal Error" when reindexing

Single user or network?

BTW: I've found "MS Security Essentials" to be next to useless... certainly not something I'd rely on.

Single user.

J. 

Platinum Elite Contributor

ACT! 6 databases frequently would tollerate internal corruption that wouldn't interfere with operation unless you happened to hit on the record with the problem. For starteds delete the ABC and ABU database fiels and try the reindex. 

Roy Laudenslager
ACT! Certified Consultant
ACT! Report Expert
Durkin Impact Report Designer
www.techbenders.com
royel@techbenders.com
541-343-8129