Community
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 

"Disappearing" Future Activities - Act 6.0

Re: "Disappearing" Future Activities - Act 6.0

Hmmm...something just hit me though - I'm able to see all the information when I log on to the server under my own name, but I can't see it when I log on to my workstation.  Does that still sounds like corrupt user information? 

Platinum Elite Contributor

No it doesn't sound like database corruption in that case. That could be a registry problem on your system. ACT! 6 kept most of the filter and preference settings in the local system Windows registry. If you can, try copying the database local and see if the same thing happens.

Roy Laudenslager
Retired ACT! Certified Consultant
ACT! Report Expert
Durkin Impact Report Designer

Yep.  I copied the database over to my hard drive.  Activities still don't show.  Guess that proves it's a registry issue, right? 

Platinum Elite Contributor

Almost certainly. I haven't done so in years and I don't know if I remember all the registry path but one fix would be to delete part of the Symantec ACT! registry which wiped out all the preferences including hidden ones (sticky items and filters). Ten years ago I would use that before doing an uninstall/reinstall of the ACT! program.The first thing would be to run ACTdiag and use the option for the resets.

I could do a go to meeting and find the registry paths. Mike, is your memory better than mine?

Roy Laudenslager
Retired ACT! Certified Consultant
ACT! Report Expert
Durkin Impact Report Designer