Community
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 

"Disappearing" Future Activities - Act 6.0

"Disappearing" Future Activities - Act 6.0

Hi all!

I've run into a weird little problem that has started some time in the last month.  I set future activities and when I go back to look at them, they have disappeared from my Activities tab, but not from my Task List.

First, my settings:

"Types to Show" - all checked.

"Priorities to Show" - all checked.

"Dates to Show"=all dates

"Select Users"=All users

"Show only timeless" - unchecked.

"Show cleared activities" - unchecked.

This disappearing thing happens when I enter a future activity in either of two ways:

I complete a current activity and set a follow up activity using the "Follow Up Activity" button on the "Clear ACtivity" window.

I set up a completely new activity using the "Schedule Activity" window.

I first noticed this as I would pull up my task list for the day and pull those entries up into my contact list.  My number of tasks was less than the number of entries in my contact list.  I would work through my contact list to complete daily tasks, then look at my task list to see what was left in there.  If I right-click on a remaining entry and hit "Go To Contact", I get a message that says "No Records Were Found that Match the Specified Criteria".  If I then right click and go to "View/Edit Activity Details", the "With" under the general tab is blank, although on the task list, it shows.

Any thoughts?

Thanks,

Melina Baker

Platinum Elite Contributor

Re: "Disappearing" Future Activities - Act 6.0

First ... those settings on the Task List *AND* the contact tab?

Second, the "No records..." error usually means the indexes are damaged as per this ACT! Knowledge Base article -

http://kb.sagesoftwareonline.com/app/answers/detail/a_id/11051

If it comes back after fixing as per the KB, what operating system are you using?

Yeah, the more I typed, the more I realized it sounded like a corrupt file somewhere.

But yes, those are the settings on the Task List and on the Activities tab on the Contact Info screen.

Mike,

I've finally rolled back around to the problem with disappearing activities.   Last night I re-indexed the database in hopes it would fix the problem.  I came back to your response and realized you had asked what operating system I was using, so I asked myself "Does he mean on the server or on my workstation?".  I went back to check the server and decided - on a lark - to pull up one of the many problematic entries.  The activity was there on the server.  So I asked my compadre to pull the record up on her system, and the activity showed to her.   I closed and re-opened ACT on my system because - you know - that and rebooting are the first things anyone should try.  Still no activity showing.  So just to make sure I'm not a total idiot, I unchecked and rechecked all the filters, made sure it was pulling for all dates (and then changed it to be just today, and then back to all dates) and made sure it was pulling for all users.

So - now it looks like activities are only not showing on my computer!  And my OS - MS XP Professional 2002 SP3

What do you think?

Melina Baker

Any chance those are recurring activities?

Roy Laudenslager
ACT! Certified Consultant
ACT! Report Expert
Durkin Impact Report Designer
www.techbenders.com
royel@techbenders.com
541-343-8129

No, in fact my recurring are the only ones that are showing up!

If the database is beind shared from a server and others can see your activities then I have to suspect a corrupted BLB file which is where, among other things, the user information is stored.

Roy Laudenslager
ACT! Report Expert
www.techbenders.com
royel@techbenders.com
541-343-8129

Well that's exactly our situation, and I will certainly not share it around my office that my user is corrupted - I can hear the comments now!

So how do I uncorrupt my BLB file?

I don't know if there is a field repair, you likely will need database repair service. We offer database repair through our web site and the evaluation is free.

Roy Laudenslager
ACT! Report Expert
www.techbenders.com
royel@techbenders.com
541-343-8129