Community
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 

"Conversion has been halted with the following message. Value cannot be NULL Parameter Name: file"

Copper Contributor

"Conversion has been halted with the following message. Value cannot be NULL Parameter Name: file"

I've converted the my Act 2000 database as a test before to make sure I didn't receive any errors before I actually did the real conversion. It looks like it converted well when I chose to convert attachments as files but when I convert attachments as shortcuts I receive an error. I'm converting Act 6.03 to Sage Act 2011. My exact error is: "Conversion has been halted with the following message. Value cannot be NULL Parameter Name: file." Does anyone know of a fix for this error?

Copper Super Contributor

Re: "Conversion has been halted with the following message. Value cannot be NULL Parameter Name: file"

Have you resolved this issue yet?  I just noticed your post today... we had EXACTLY the same issue when we were converting our database from Act 6 to Act 2011, and it was a painful process to convert. 

If you have not resolved the issue, can you provide a bit more detail? 

- when are you getting this error?

- are you getting any other information in the dialog box? (as I remember it we had nothing - which is what made it so hard to identify the problem records(s) )

Luis

Copper Contributor

Re: "Conversion has been halted with the following message. Value cannot be NULL Parameter Name: file"

I receive that error when I open up the .dbf database file in Act 2011 and go to convert the database. It works fine when I convert files as attachments but not as shortcuts. I've already converted the database and I can't really remember if there was any other information. (for some reason I don't think there was.) I ended up converting the database and including the files as attachments. I tryed everything to get it to work as shortcuts but I failed. If you do find something out, please post back. I'm very interested in finding out what the solution was. Thanks.