Community
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 

installed ACT!6 on new laptop - how can I customize it like the ACT!6 on my old laptop? back-up file helpful?

installed ACT!6 on new laptop - how can I customize it like the ACT!6 on my old laptop? back-up file helpful?

Hello,

I installed ACT6 (it's old but it works) on my new laptop and I was able to transfer all the information like phone numbers and addresses.  

But I couldn't transfer the customization I made on the old laptop, better the ACT 6 on the old Laptop. For example there were diverse tabs with special information about the clients.

So here is my question: Can I use a back-up file from the old laptop and restore this file on my new laptop. Normally the back-up file should include the layouts and the tabs I think, right?

If this is not possible maybe someone knows a better way to deal with this topic. The helpdesk is not willing to help because they don’t provide any support for ACT6 anymore.  

Thank you very much in advance for your help.

Michael

Platinum Elite Contributor

Re: installed ACT!6 on new laptop - how can I customize it like the ACT!6 on my old laptop? back-up file helpful?

I assume you won't be running on the old one after?

If correct, then see this ACT! Knowledge Base article -

http://kb.sagesoftwareonline.com/cgi-bin/sagesoftwareonline.cfg/php/enduser/std_adp.php?p_faqid=1166...

Make sure you include the Layouts .. and, when first opening the database, you might need to select the correct Layout

Re: installed ACT!6 on new laptop - how can I customize it like the ACT!6 on my old laptop? back-up file helpful?

Hello,

thanks a lot for this fast response.

I did the backup from the old Laptop and restored it on the new Laptop.

But I can't figure out where I can select the Layouts.

So far I still have the "old look" of my system.

Thanks for help.

Michael