03-17-2011 08:53 AM
there have been a lot of posts about this, some with details, some not.
we think our situation is simple:
- we are running a 5K contact list database of v22.214.171.1249 with full direct sync's to Palm via companionlink.
- honestly this is wonderful, no Microsoft bloatware necessary
- no BS with extra converstion programs in the middle.
- we make a change on Act! 126.96.36.1999 and it syncs to 6 palm devices in one shot.
now we have an issue:
- we need the simplified functionality and better user interface of v10
- with multiple on the road users, we need direct server connections to our Databases
- we do NOT want to store our database online on anyone's server but our own
HOWEVER: and her is the rub
- we can't seem to do an export of ALL data: activities, fields, and most important notes
- v10 and v11 can't convert v6 direct for some reason
- we have too much sensitive company info in our database to send it out to be converetd
Is there anyone that can explain:
- how to convert the data direct to v10. or v11 or a substntially newer version
- how to NOT be dependent on Microsoft Outlook as a go between from Palm Centrino to Act!
- a direct way to convert ALL data: notes and activiites of our complete v6.0 database
There has got to be a way to convert this without sending it to an outside firm.
THanks in Advance!
03-17-2011 09:14 AM
You don't import or expoert you convert and ACT! 2005 amd later does the conversion as part of opening the ACT! 6 database. However, you do need to update your ACT! 6 to version 6.0.3 first.
03-17-2011 02:01 PM
Ahhhhh, well that is the problem.
Even with 6.0.3 the database and all the details were NOT able to be read by v10 or v11.
Notes were missing, etc.
Plus, we have many custom fieds set, e.g. "primary city" or "engineering status" and these were not imported.
Is there anything specific about the 6.0.3 upgrade that makes the standard 188.8.131.529 not work?
I'm prepping myself for this migration that I'm about to do.
It's a very big job.
03-17-2011 03:28 PM
What steps are you using? What you should be doing is opening the new ACT! program, go to File | Open Database and in the dialog change the file type to DBF and then open your ACT! 6 database and following the conversion steps.
03-19-2011 06:59 AM