Community
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 

exporting contacts to Outlook

exporting contacts to Outlook

I have ACT! version 6.0 and am trying to figure out how to export my contacts into Outlook.  It looks like all I can do is export to another ACT program or to a text file.  Does anyone have any suggestions?  My version of ACT is pretty outdated...
Platinum Elite Contributor

Re: exporting contacts to Outlook

I am also have this problem, except I am using act 3.0, which i don't think should make a difference.  I was able to do start the migration process, but it keep failing, only to have me do it over and over until it finally went through, and although i told it not to create duplicates, it created many of them.  So now I am trying to convert to a text and then into outlook, problem is that is doesn't import in the notes files for the contacts, is there an easier way to do this?  any suggestions?  I have a 27MB file, with about 11,000 conacts that need to be exported from act 3.0 and imported into Outlook 2003, please help..  Been working on this for over 2 weeks!!!

Platinum Elite Contributor

mdsmike wrote:

I am also have this problem, except I am using act 3.0, which i don't think should make a difference.  I was able to do start the migration process, but it keep failing, only to have me do it over and over until it finally went through, and although i told it not to create duplicates, it created many of them.  So now I am trying to convert to a text and then into outlook, problem is that is doesn't import in the notes files for the contacts, is there an easier way to do this?  any suggestions?  I have a 27MB file, with about 11,000 conacts that need to be exported from act 3.0 and imported into Outlook 2003, please help..  Been working on this for over 2 weeks!!!

ACT! 3.0??? That was the worst version of ACT! ever!

First, Notes, etc won't export to text... that's not possible with any product as you might have " in the notes which would make the text files unworkable.

There is no option not to create duplicates when exporting... only importing

ACT! 3.0 was long before Outlook 2003 and wouldn't support it in any way.

Is this a one off?

Are you planning on keeping ACT! 3.0?

Do you have another machine?

Have you tried this ACT! Knowledge Base article - http://tinyurl.com/65bn3m