Search instead for 
Do you mean 

emailing from act

Accepted Solution Solved
Copper Contributor
Accepted Solution

emailing from act

i swear act hates me.

out of 22 people in the office, i have integrated our act just find through outlook express with 20 of them.  2 of them are getting an error message that states:

Cannot send message.  Invalid system specified.

my process for doing this.

configure outlook express with their settings.

open act and chose edit, preferences, email.

i chose outlook express

finish

it works just fine for 90% of my users, but two it just gives this error message. 

any ideas?

Accepted Solutions
Solution
Accepted by topic author jerry.peoples
‎09-25-2015 03:20 AM
Copper Contributor

Re: emailing from act

i configured the accounts in outlook express, kept messages on the server in the settings and disabled the warning each time act was accessing the email.   if it wouldnt allow configuration of outlook express i ran the act 5.04 update, rebooted and this took care of the issue.

sadly, when all else fails, reboot usually clears everything up.  all comptuers can now email and dial out of act.  yay me Smiley Happy

View solution in original post

All Replies
Platinum Super Contributor

Try resetting the Default email client for the 2 trouble workstations.  To do this:

1. Exit ACT! and all other running applications.
  2. Click the Windows Start button, point to Settings, and then click Control Panel. (On Windows XP, click the Start button, and then click Control Panel.) The Control Panel opens.
  3. Double-click Internet Options. (On Windows XP, click Network and Internet Connections, and then click Internet Options.) The Internet Properties dialog box appears.
  4. Click the Programs tab.
  5. Under Internet programs, click your e-mail client in the E-mail drop-down list.
  6. Click Apply, and then click OK to close the dialog box.
  7. Close the Control Panel.

Note: If your E-Mail system is already selected, change to a different program, click Apply, and then click OK. Then repeat Steps 5 and 6, selecting the correct E-Mail client as the default e-mail program.

Greg Martin
Sage
Silver Contributor

Jerry is using ACT 2000

Test Drive Act! and Quickbooks over Citrix http://GoTryAct.com

Jon Klubnik| ActTrainer.com
(866)710 4228

ACT! Certified Consultant / ACT! Premier Trainer / ACT! Hosting Provider

Copper Contributor

i apologize, i thought i put this question to the prior forum and not the newer version where its at now.

Platinum Elite Contributor

I have bad news. I saw this problem several time when I was in tech support. I also did extensive research in the registry to try and determine why it was happening and was unable to resolve the problem. The only thing that might fix the problem would be to reformat the hard drive and reinstall everything.

This was one of the issues with ACT! 3-6 that was never resolved.

Roy Laudenslager
ACT! Certified Consultant
ACT! Report Expert
Durkin Impact Report Designer
www.techbenders.com
royel@techbenders.com
541-343-8129
Solution
Accepted by topic author jerry.peoples
‎09-25-2015 03:20 AM
Copper Contributor

i configured the accounts in outlook express, kept messages on the server in the settings and disabled the warning each time act was accessing the email.   if it wouldnt allow configuration of outlook express i ran the act 5.04 update, rebooted and this took care of the issue.

sadly, when all else fails, reboot usually clears everything up.  all comptuers can now email and dial out of act.  yay me Smiley Happy

ACT Email and Windows 7

I have just installed ACT 6.0.3 on a new computer with Windows 7 Pro, along with the database from the old computer.  Everything went smoothly until I tried to use ACT Email.  It seems to be accepting messages, but it cannot connect to Outlook to send email. 

A pop-up appeared "This action cannot be completed because the Microsoft Outlook program is not responding.  Choose "Switch To" and correct the problem".  In Internet options, Outook is set as the default email.  Under "Set program access and computer defaults", I have selected "Use current email" and "Allow access to MS Outlook".

Any thoughts on what to do next would be much appreciated.

Bob McKee

Re: ACT Email and Windows 7

Here is an additonal twist to my previous post.  I just went to MS Outlook and clicked "Send and receive" and three of the four emails in ACT Email were sent, with one still sitting in the ACT Outbox.

Re: ACT Email and Windows 7

What version of Outlook?

ACT! 6.0 wasn't designed to work with Windows 7 and there maybe things that it just can't do, even if installed. It also can't work properly with any version of Office later than 2003