Community
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 

convert to Office Contact Manager

convert to Office Contact Manager

I recently upgraded to a Vista 64 bit computer. I have many personal records and business records on Act 2000. I am no longer active in sales and do not want to purchase the new 64 bit Act. Is therer any way to convert my data so I can load it to my new PC and Office Contact Manager 2007?

Thanks for your help, have been an ACT user since their first Windows program.

Platinum Elite Contributor

Re: convert to Office Contact Manager

You will probably need to contact the support department for Office Contact Manager to assist you with this.  They may be able to help you with importing in a .dbf file, which is the file format that the ACT 2000 database is in.  Another option is export your ACT 2000 data to a .csv or .txt file (this is done through ACT) and import that into the other program.  However, you may not be able to export all of your data using this method.

Greig Hollister

Note: Effective 6/1/13, Sage no longers provides support for the Act! software. This is now provided by Swiftpage.

Had tried Microsoft and they replied they would accept the .csv file or

tab delimited format. ACT shows only a txt file for export. Thanks for your reply. As you can tell

i am not hightek.

Platinum Elite Contributor

When you are exporting from ACT, on the first screen when you are asked to choose the export file name and location, click the Browse button (square with dots).  On this screen, at the bottom where it asks for file type, change that from .txt to .csv.  Then type in the name you want to use for the file and click OK.  A couple of screens later in the export wizard, it will ask if you want to use Comma or Tab delimited....choose Comma.  OCM should be able to handle this.  Best of luck to you.

Greig Hollister

Note: Effective 6/1/13, Sage no longers provides support for the Act! software. This is now provided by Swiftpage.