Community
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 

contact transfer

contact transfer

I am trying to copy contacts from one ACT program on a computer at work and load them onto my computer at home. How do I do this? I want to copy the contacts to a flash drive and then add then to the ACT program at home.

Thank you.

Platinum Elite Contributor

Re: contact transfer

[ Edited ]

Hello art_guy,
Welcome to the Sage ACT! Community. The best way to do this is to back up your database at work and then restore it at home. If you want to keep the data at home and work concurrent on an ongoing basis, then you may want to consider using remote synchronization, with the remote database being at home.

Greig Hollister

Note: Effective 6/1/13, Sage no longers provides support for the Act! software. This is now provided by Swiftpage.

And if I just want to copy certain contacts, without doing a backup and no sync?

Platinum Elite Contributor

[ Edited ]

I'm not sure About ACT! 6.0, but with the current versions of ACT!, if you use File>Export, you have the option to export all contacts, current contact, or the current lookup. So do a lookup first, then export using the current lookup option

Greig Hollister

Note: Effective 6/1/13, Sage no longers provides support for the Act! software. This is now provided by Swiftpage.