Community
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 

Working within a lookup, ACT automatically reverts back to the 1st contact in a lookup

Accepted Solution Solved
Accepted Solution

Working within a lookup, ACT automatically reverts back to the 1st contact in a lookup

In ACT 6.0.3, some of the pc's in my office have major issues.  It only seems to occur when multiple people are using ACT within the office.

I will be on a record within a lookup (let's say 7 of 20), in the middle of writing a note, and suddenly ACT jumps me back to the 1st contact within that lookup. 

This is making work very difficult - does anyone know how to fix this?

Accepted Solutions
Solution
Accepted by ghollister (Platinum Elite Contributor)
‎09-25-2015 03:20 AM

Re: Working within a lookup, ACT automatically reverts back to the 1st contact in a lookup

Thanks very much for your reply - i actually found that adding the latest update solved the problem (some of the computers didn't even have the 6.0.2 update which solved the issues.

Thanks again for your help.

View solution in original post

All Replies
Platinum Elite Contributor

Re: Working within a lookup, ACT automatically reverts back to the 1st contact in a lookup

You need to turn off Opportunistic record Locking on the server as per this ACT! Knowledge Base article -

http://kb.sagesoftwareonline.com/cgi-bin/sagesoftwareonline.cfg/php/enduser/std_adp.php?p_faqid=1067...

You should also use ACTDIAG to do a database repair as OpsLocks can damage parts of the database.

Solution
Accepted by ghollister (Platinum Elite Contributor)
‎09-25-2015 03:20 AM

Thanks very much for your reply - i actually found that adding the latest update solved the problem (some of the computers didn't even have the 6.0.2 update which solved the issues.

Thanks again for your help.

Platinum Elite Contributor