Community
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 

Word Templates are not converting...

Tuned Listener

Word Templates are not converting...

My word templates for Act 2000 are not converting and the word templates in Act 10 give me an error every time I try to open.  Any thoughts on what the issue might be.  The Act 10 conversion tool tells me they are "all invalid or corrupt".  When I click to write a template letter in Act 10, I get "retrieving the COM class factory for component with CLSID {000209FF-00000-0000-C000-000000000046} failed due to the following error: 80040154."

I am currently testing Act 10 in the trial period, would that have any thing to do with it?

Thanks
Russell
Tuned Listener

Re: Word Templates are not converting...

I've had some experience with this as I needed to convert tons of Word templates from ACT!6(2000?) to ACT!10(2008). Most converted fine, but some gave the invalid/corrupted error. I spoke to ACT! Tech Support and they said that since the templates were custom and they no longer supported ACT!6, that the templates that didn't convert would have to be recreated. I hope you have better luck. Gary

I have the exact same error, but even if I attempt to create a template, I get the same error if I use Word 2003 as my editor.  Use the Act Word Processor, it works fine.

I'm running Act 10.0.0.237 and Office 2003.

Any ideas?
Platinum Elite Contributor

Try a Detect and Repair in Word (under the Help menu)

If that doesn't work, maybe try the solution in this ACT! Knowledge Base article - http://tinyurl.com/2e5vha