Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 

Word Processor error, Windows 7

Accepted Solution Solved
Accepted Solution

Word Processor error, Windows 7

Morning all,

Just wondered if anyone can help, ive searched all over the internet and cant find an answer.

I need to be able to install Act6 on windows 7 and microsoft office 2007 is it even compatible? I keep getting the following error:

"Act could not open your word processor. This may be a result of inadequate security permissions in Windows. Act word processor."

Ive checked the permissions and they all seem to be fine, is there anything else i need to look out for? Is there a hotfix or anything, all i need to do is load a template.

Many thanks

Accepted Solutions
Solution
Accepted by ghollister (Platinum Elite Contributor)
‎09-25-2015 03:20 AM
Platinum Elite Contributor

All Replies

Re: Word Processor error, Windows 7

There is absolutely no-way to get ACT! 6.0 to talk to MS Office 2007

Office 2007 support wasn't added to ACT! 2008 (10.0)

Windows 7 support wasn't added till ACT! 2010 (12.0)

Thanks for your reply, I thought as much its what they want to use at work even though all the PC's have been upgraded to windows 7. Is there anyway I can load a template into act without getting that word processor error.

You could try with the ACT! Word Processor instead of Word... but you wont be able to use Word templates. You also won't be able to email via Outlook
Tuned Listener

Hello,

I am running Windows 7 with Act 6.0 installed.  I installed the app in safe mode.  Everything seems to be running fine except when trying to open the Act word processor.  I get the following message "ACT! could not open your word processor. This may be a result of inadequate security permissions in Windows ACT! Word Processor.  The word processor driver is not running."

How can I resolve this error to be able to open the Act word processor?  Ideally, I would like to open MS Word 2007 word processor.  If someone could shed some light on this matter, I would be eternally grateful.  Thanks in advance.

All the best,

Glen Fun

Solution
Accepted by ghollister (Platinum Elite Contributor)
‎09-25-2015 03:20 AM

Tuned Listener

Thanks Mike.  Turning off Windows UAC works like a charm.  I am now able to use the Act word processor.

All the best,

Glen Fun