Community
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 

Word Processor Printing

Word Processor Printing

I have a Windows XP machine with ACT 2000 (5.0) that errors out when trying to print anything from from the ACT! Word Processor. This started after I replaced the printer for this machine. Is there anyway to reset the printer settings for the Act word processor? Or does anyone know a fix for this? I cannot switch word processors to Word either because they have Office 2007 on this machine.
Platinum Elite Contributor

Re: Word Processor Printing

If you do a print preview, do you get an error? If so, I would suspect that the problem is the video driver for your system. Try setting the video hardware acceleration to none and sii if that fixes the problem.. 
Roy Laudenslager
ACT! Certified Consultant
ACT! Report Expert
Durkin Impact Report Designer
www.techbenders.com
royel@techbenders.com
541-343-8129

I can preview. As soon as I hit print it errors out and closes.

As a general rule, that would indicate a problem with the printer driver. ACT! doesn't directly control the printing and sith preview, ACT! has done everything needed for printing. At that point the printing operation is between Windows and the printer.
Roy Laudenslager
ACT! Report Expert
www.techbenders.com
royel@techbenders.com
541-343-8129

The printer driver is working fine. The is the only thing I can not print out of.

That doesn't mean anything. ACT! doesn't go directly to the printer. Printing is under control of Windows and the printer and video drivers.
Roy Laudenslager
ACT! Report Expert
www.techbenders.com
royel@techbenders.com
541-343-8129