Community
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 

Will Act 6.0 run in Windows 7 Business in XP Mode?

Will Act 6.0 run in Windows 7 Business in XP Mode?

I am purchasing a computer with Windows 7 Business, and I understand XP Mode can be installed so legacy XP compatible programs can be run in Windows 7.  Has anyone had experience with this?
Tuned Listener

Re: Will Act 6.0 run in Windows 7 Business in XP Mode?

The answer is "sort of". I have not tested your environment (XP mode) but it runs as a standalone database in Windows 7.
Douglas Wolf
858-449-9653
Platinum Elite Contributor

I don't know about XP mode, but certainly it doesn't run on 64-bit. Even in 32-bit, you cannot get the word processor to load. So no email or letters directly linked to Act. Which I think defeats the purpose of having Act. 2010 it is then!

Hello,

Yes, it will. ACT! 6.0 works well on my 64-bit system, using (64-bit version of) Windows 7 Professional (which is the Business version of Windows 7). Be aware that Intel & AMD did not enable all processors / chips for this (XP Mode, aka "Virtualization") capability, so you'll need to verify this capability on your computer, as well. But it works quite well, if you want to run an older version of ACT! on a newer 64-bit Windows 7 PC.

( ACT! 6.0 would not install on my 64-bit Vista system, & gave message that "ACT! is not compatible with 64-bit systems", or something to that effect ). 

Good luck...

I ran into this issue with my new PC too. After lots of hair pulling I got ACT 2008 running well in 64 bit Windows 7 virtual XP mode. Has saved us at least £100 on a 32bit install of windows 7. 
Platinum Super Contributor

Moved to appropriate product board for greater exposure