Community
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 

Which ACT file contains email addresses?

Accepted Solution Solved
Accepted Solution

Which ACT file contains email addresses?

Act 2000 

When I restored "data files" from Carbonite onto a new PC, I found the emails were missing.

Can you tell me which specific file in ACT! contains the email addresses?

AND if you know, please let me know the file name for NOTES and ACTIVITIES

Thanks

Dale 

Accepted Solutions
Solution
Accepted by topic author collie
‎09-25-2015 03:20 AM
Platinum Elite Contributor

Re: Which ACT file contains email addresses?

Email addresses, the body of notes and history are stored in the BLB file in the ACT! database. However, unless you have an actual ACT! backup to restore, they can't be recovered. I suspect that Carbonite was doing an incremental backup rather than a full backup. The ACT! 6 database is 26 interlocked files and must be backed up as a unit. The end result of an incremental backup often is loss of data as you have found. If you still have the original system with ACT! installed, do a backup from ACT! and copy the ZIP file to the new system and restore it in the ACT! program.
Roy Laudenslager
ACT! Certified Consultant
ACT! Report Expert
Durkin Impact Report Designer
www.techbenders.com
royel@techbenders.com
541-343-8129

View solution in original post

All Replies
Solution
Accepted by topic author collie
‎09-25-2015 03:20 AM

Email addresses, the body of notes and history are stored in the BLB file in the ACT! database. However, unless you have an actual ACT! backup to restore, they can't be recovered. I suspect that Carbonite was doing an incremental backup rather than a full backup. The ACT! 6 database is 26 interlocked files and must be backed up as a unit. The end result of an incremental backup often is loss of data as you have found. If you still have the original system with ACT! installed, do a backup from ACT! and copy the ZIP file to the new system and restore it in the ACT! program.
Roy Laudenslager
ACT! Certified Consultant
ACT! Report Expert
Durkin Impact Report Designer
www.techbenders.com
royel@techbenders.com
541-343-8129

The only way to backup with something like Carbonite is to use ACT!'s Backup to a ZIP file and back that up with Carbonite.

Carbonite won't properly backup the database.