Community
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 

When printing a report with ACT! v6, a "currency" field will not print the dollar sign?

Copper Contributor

When printing a report with ACT! v6, a "currency" field will not print the dollar sign?

When printing a report with ACT! v6, a "currency" field will not print with the dollar sign? Is there a way to make ACT print the dollar sign before the number, for a currency field?
Platinum Elite Contributor

Re: When printing a report with ACT! v6, a currency field will not print the dollar sign?

If the database field data type is currency then the dollar sign will print. If the field is a numeric field used for currency then the dollar sign won't print.
Roy Laudenslager
ACT! Certified Consultant
ACT! Report Expert
Durkin Impact Report Designer
www.techbenders.com
royel@techbenders.com
541-343-8129
Copper Contributor

Re: When printing a report with ACT! v6, a currency field will not print the dollar sign?

That's strange, the field data type is currency, it is not just a numeric field being used as a currency field, and still no dollar sign? Is there anything I could check (to make sure it is set right) that you know of that might correct this problem?

Thanks

Not unless the font you are using for the field does not include the $ symbol. The ACT! 6 report editor was fairly limited in configuration options, it would either work or not work.
Roy Laudenslager
ACT! Report Expert
www.techbenders.com
royel@techbenders.com
541-343-8129
Copper Contributor

I am using just Arial, it has the dollar sign, also, the decimel point does not print either??? I have it setup to have up to 7 places to the left of the decimal point and 2 after, so it should be printing the decimal point too?

I think it might just be some little box that is/is not checked somewhere, or something like that.

Has anyone out there ever had this problem?

That sounds like a character field. In the report template, right click on that field and go to properties and see if it shows as a currency field there. If so, the report template is likely corrupted. You can try deleting the field and reinserting it and see if that helps.
Roy Laudenslager
ACT! Report Expert
www.techbenders.com
royel@techbenders.com
541-343-8129
Copper Contributor

Thanks Roy, I will try that, and thanks for all your help! I appreciate it!

Tony

Copper Contributor

Just a follow up - I right clicked on the field in the report template and hit properties, it all looked ok, and was set as a currency field, but it still would not show the dollar sign or the decimal point in a report.

I then went back and right clicked on it again in the report template and on the Data tab, under the "Field Type" it was set to "detail", so I changed it to "Summary" and then the lower section titled "Summary Field Options" opened up, I then selected "Total". Now the dollar sign and decimal point both show up in a report.

The only thing I am worried now about is if you are printing a report for several contacts, will that field show the dollar amount for each contact, or will it now total the amounts in that field for all the records I am printing a report for (in the report template it shows "SUM" right before the field)? If this is what it will do, what should I set it on? The choices under "Summary Field Options" are: "Count", "Total", "Average", "Minimum", and "Maximum.

I would check this but only have a couple of records in the db right now, until I start working with it every day.

Again, any help with this would be greatly appreciated!

Tony

Without examining the report template, it's had to say what will happen with the field set to total.
Roy Laudenslager
ACT! Report Expert
www.techbenders.com
royel@techbenders.com
541-343-8129
Copper Contributor

Thanks for the reply again Roy, don't take this the wrong way, but isn't this a regular program, that when a box is checked, it does a specific thing, you can then expect that that specific thing will then happen, or work that way if you check that box?

I mean, those selection choices do something, how could it be that it could do one thing here and another thing on another computer? I am a registered paying customer of this program, and there is so little help and documentation, that you really have to just "play" with everything until it does what you wanted it to, that is not the way a program should work! And "Sage" or whatever company that sells this product should probably put out BETTER help files with their programs and not leave everything so vague that you then have to go to forums to find the answers you need!

Geeeeeezzzzz, I can't wait until I get to the point of "trying" to setup sync! oh my god, what headaches are in store for me when I get to that, and having to use a VPN, why couldn't they leave in email sync?!?!?!?!!

Whatever, I guess I bought a "buggy" program, my fault!