Community
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 

When Adding a New Contact, how can a duplicate the email field and make it show up automatically in a User field ?

When Adding a New Contact, how can a duplicate the email field and make it show up automatically in a User field ?

ACT v6.0.3.979
Windows 8

I'm exporting data to another application from ACT!

The mapping program to the other application omitted the "E-mail" field in ACT!, but lists all the User 1, User 2, etc fields

When Adding a New Contact, how can a duplicate the data in the email field and make it show up automatically in a User field ?

Thanks

Chuck

Platinum Elite Contributor

Re: When Adding a New Contact, how can a duplicate the email field and make it show up automatically in a User field ?

You can't. Did you check the map for email login?

The E-mail "field" that you see in the ACT! layout is not a field in the main database table but rather a portal to the separate E-mail table. That is why E-mail is not available as a data type and why you can't sort by e-mail address or use E-mail in the duplicate checking. The E-mail table can hold more than one E-mail address for a user but only the default address can be used for addressing an e-mail message

Roy Laudenslager
ACT! Certified Consultant
ACT! Report Expert
Durkin Impact Report Designer
www.techbenders.com
royel@techbenders.com
541-343-8129

Re: When Adding a New Contact, how can a duplicate the email field and make it show up automatically in a User field ?

Thanks for the prompt reply.

I'm sorry to hear that.  I emailed support for the program I'm exporting to.

They don't update their program often, so I'm not hopeful, thought I could work around it.

Chuck