Community
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 

Vista vs Act! HELP!

Vista vs Act! HELP!

when trying to install Act for Palm (after installing Act!) on a new Vista 'puter I get message that Act! isn't installed but it is!  Why is this?
Platinum Elite Contributor

Re: Vista vs Act! HELP!

What version of ACT! (full build from Help | About)?
What version of ACT! for Palm?

If ACT! 10 and ACT! for Palm 3.0, have you updated ACT! to 10.01 as per this ACT! Knowledge Base article - http://tinyurl.com/2b64lj

thanks for the response...
act 6.03.979  palm disc doesn't give version, but 2003 is the date... also got the same message when trying to install the Hotfix for word '03

why can't these programs find the install in Vista it's not a version problem (I don't think since these programs had no problem working together under XP professional) its mickeysoft, but there's got to be a workaround like installing to a different directory or????

ACT! 6.0 is not supported under Vista. It's likely there are a number of things that won't work in Microsoft's new operating system.

Even Microsoft have been unable to get many of their own products to work on Vista and have required upgrades to them.

Thanks Mike,
I've been using Act since ver 1.0 but I guess it is time to move on... I use a Palm pda just because of Act but I guess its time to move to away from that too and use outlook and BCM since I'm tired of forced upgrades for program versions I don't need or want because Sage is only interested in selling this year's version... it's bad enough that MickeySoft is forcing vista on us (with all the typical problems of anything that's a .0* version) but personally I'm giving up on companies like Intuit & Sage who don't value customer loyalty ... that's my rant for the day
David

I don't think you can blame Sage because you decided to go with Vista.... it's hardly something they had anything to do with.