Community
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 

VIEWING OTHER USER DATABASE

VIEWING OTHER USER DATABASE

[ Edited ]

Why can one particular user view and modify exisiting contacts on ACT 6.03 but we cannot view their new contacts?I have just discovered that when the user adds a different description in my "Publication" fields I cannot see this new contact. Howver, when they add an exisiting desciption in the publication field it can be viewed by me.

E.G. Typing in "AHD" in the "publication" field by any user can be viewed by all users. Typing in "publication field "FFT" by the one user in particluar, cannot be viewed by all other users.

Message Edited by rooster on 08-18-2009 12:22 AM
Platinum Elite Contributor

Re: VIEWING OTHER USER DATABASE

You can't view the contacts or just specific fields?

Are all the users using the same database and layout?

Platinum Elite Contributor

My guess is that they aren't looking at the same field. I susupect that you mave more than one field with the saem of similar names. The ACT! 6 database field names were case sensitive. 
Roy Laudenslager
ACT! Certified Consultant
ACT! Report Expert
Durkin Impact Report Designer
www.techbenders.com
royel@techbenders.com
541-343-8129

Thanks Beta Tester for the prompt reply.

Yes we are using the same DB.

Going to user "JG's" PC, the layout is the same as on my PC.

I logged into the DB as user "JG" from my PC and modified the field in Question. I then shut down ACT and log back into the database (i.e. close ACT and enter my user name) I can now view the contact.

I am willing to modify the field in the 105 Contacts but is there an easier way?

Further to my earlier post, I tried modifiying the field and when I signed back into my session in ACT and did a lookup...I got nothing...back to the drawing board...

Roy, Thanks for the suggestion. It seems that the layout is the same as mine.