Community
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 

Upgrade to 6.0.3 issue

Upgrade to 6.0.3 issue

I am trying to upgrade to 6.0.3 (so that I can download the MS Word Hotfix).   When I try to download the upgrade I get an error message that says "...6.0.3 update is for use with 6.0 - ACT 6.0 does not appear to be installed on your computer or you are using a trial version".  The version I currently have is 6.0.2.720.

HELP?!

Platinum Elite Contributor

Re: Upgrade to 6.0.3 issue

My guess is that you are using Norton antivirus or system works. If so the fix is to uninstall both ACT! 6 and Norton, restart the computer and then reinstall ACT! first and open ACT! 6 at least once and then reinstall Norton. Norton now blocks registry keys critical to the full installation of ACT! 6. If ACT! 6 is install first, everything should work.

Roy Laudenslager
ACT! Certified Consultant
ACT! Report Expert
Durkin Impact Report Designer
www.techbenders.com
royel@techbenders.com
541-343-8129

Interesting, I am trying to do the exact same thing for the same reason, i.e., upgrade v 6.0.2.720 to v 6.0.3 so I can apply the hotfix to make ACT compatible with Word 2003.  In my case, I can't even find the 6.0.3 update download file.  I haven't even gotten to the Norton problem yet.  Is there a link where I can find this update download?  I would not want to uninstall ACT and Norton!  I think I have the ACT CD, but almost certain the Norton was downloaded without the CD, so wouldn't that make it necessary to purchase it again?

Any help on finding this link first?

Thanks!

Jim O'Dowd

Roy - thanks - I'll try that tomorrow.

Jim - here's the link where I found the upgrade....

http://www.act.com/support/updates/index.cfm?show_downloads=true&product=1&version=10&locale=7

Did you download Norton online?  You should have the information from that to be able to re-download it.  If you want,  I'll check tomorrow on the info that's needed to reinstall Norton - I'll be doing that myself tomorrow afternoon.

I'll check back in to let (you) know if this works.

Lynda