Community
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 

Upgrade from ACT6.0 to ?

Upgrade from ACT6.0 to ?

I tried to get 6.0 working on PC in XP Mode and am giving up.  I downloaded the newest trial version and loaded my data to find Notes, Histories, etc. are on a left tab and not connected to the contact, really bad when you have details from back to 1999.  Is their an earlier version that will work in Win7 64Bit and have similar feature set yo my Act 6.0.3.979 where the Notes/History, Activities, Groups, Home, and Alt COntacts will display by contact for ease of reviewing?

Platinum Elite Contributor

Re: Upgrade from ACT6.0 to ?

I am concerned about what I heard "Since Act! 2005 Act separates the old Notes/History tab to separate Notes and History tabs.”.  Is there a later version compatible with Windows Ultimate that I view a contact by name for instance (like in my ACT6) and just see their tasks, history, etc.?  I have been using ACT since 1999 I believe, so there are lots of notes and histories attached to individual contacts that would be useless if you can’t narrow down the view.  I tried their latest version as a Trial and it's impossible to manage all the history, unless I did something wrong, or there is a configuration option I missed.

Platinum Elite Contributor

Historically (before ACT! 3-6) Notes and History were separate. They were merged for ACT! 3-6. Starting with ACT! 2005 and continuing to date the notes and history are again separated. You could put in a request to have them merged but I have to be honest, given the history I doubt that will happen.

There is an addon available that will copy the existing notes to the custom history type called note. However, if you added a new note for a contact it would go into the notes table. You would have to remember to use the custom history of note to add a note to the history table. Also the Notes/History report would only show separate notes only if they were entered into the notes table. Probably not the result you want.

Roy Laudenslager
ACT! Certified Consultant
ACT! Report Expert
Durkin Impact Report Designer
www.techbenders.com
royel@techbenders.com
541-343-8129

Figured out the lock up problem.  I was pointing to data on the regular machine "D" drive and once i pointed within the XP Mode environment it ran fine.