Community
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 

Unkown file type *.ActTL ... I want to know what this is before I convert from 6.0 to 10.0

Unkown file type *.ActTL ... I want to know what this is before I convert from 6.0 to 10.0

I am preparing to convert my 6.0 database to 10.0 and would like to know what this file is used for before I move forward. I have spent quite some time trying to figure this out and about all I have determined is that, according to answer 12048 in the product knowledgebase, it is not on the list of files that make up a database. So I am left asking myself why this file, where "*" represents the name of my database, is sitting in my "Database" file folder. If it is not part of the database, then what is it a part of?

Thanks for your help! BTW, the only add-on that I have used with my 6.0 database is ACT! for Palm OS 1.0

Platinum Elite Contributor

Re: Unkown file type *.ActTL ... I want to know what this is before I convert from 6.0 to 10.0

I don't think I've seen and ActTL extension before

Did you use any ACT! add-ons that might have used this?

When was the last modified date?

Re: Unkown file type *.ActTL ... I want to know what this is before I convert from 6.0 to 10.0

It would help if you had provided when you are receiving the message. Can you open your database? Can you open the demo database? The information I could find indicated a possible spyware program.
Roy Laudenslager
ACT! Certified Consultant
ACT! Report Expert
Durkin Impact Report Designer
www.techbenders.com
royel@techbenders.com
541-343-8129

I believe a .TL file was a record-locking file in ACT! 2000 (5.x). The same may be true for 6.0. See KB 11993

Greig Hollister

Note: Effective 6/1/13, Sage no longers provides support for the Act! software. This is now provided by Swiftpage.

Greig

The locking files in ACT! 5 and 6 were LCK and HKn where n was 4 or 5. 

Roy Laudenslager
ACT! Certified Consultant
ACT! Report Expert
Durkin Impact Report Designer
www.techbenders.com
royel@techbenders.com
541-343-8129