Community
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 

Unable to setup MS Outlook Email

Unable to setup MS Outlook Email

I am using ACT 2000 (5.0.4.495)
When I go through the email setup and select MS Outlook as my email system of choice I get the error:
"The installed version of Outlook is not supported.  Please upgrade it to Outlook 98 or newer, and retry."
I am using Outlook 2003.  The only help that I have found online told me to disable Norton AntiVirus as it blocks scripts that need to run.
I am not using Norton Antivirus, but I tried disabling McAfee to see if that helped.  It did not help.
This email feature currently works on computers that were setup before I started working here, but does not work on any of the computers that I have setup since I began.
Nickel Super Contributor

Re: Unable to setup MS Outlook Email

Give this KB Article a try. It mentions Norton, but also gives some steps on Registry keys that may need to be edited.

Error Message: "The installed version of Outlook is not supported. Please upgrade it to Outlook 98 or newer, and retry"
http://kb.sagesoftwareonline.com/cgi-bin/sagesoftwareonline.cfg/php/enduser/std_adp.php?p_faqid=11967
Avid Listener

Another thing worth a try is to make sure you have the latest (which I think is dated 2001) mapi32.dll file in your System32 directory.

The crazy thing is, I'm having the same problem with ACT 6 on my laptop running Win XP and Outlook 2003. My desktop, still running win 2000, allows ACT to work fine with Outlook 2003. I've tried the registry fix on the laptop with no success and I'm not running Norton. Besides the the operating systems, the only difference on the desktop is outlook installed from Office Pro and the laptop has Office SBE. Any thoughts?
Platinum Elite Contributor

pbottjen wrote:
I am using ACT 2000 (5.0.4.495)
When I go through the email setup and select MS Outlook as my email system of choice I get the error:
"The installed version of Outlook is not supported.  Please upgrade it to Outlook 98 or newer, and retry."
I am using Outlook 2003.  The only help that I have found online told me to disable Norton AntiVirus as it blocks scripts that need to run.
I am not using Norton Antivirus, but I tried disabling McAfee to see if that helped.  It did not help.
This email feature currently works on computers that were setup before I started working here, but does not work on any of the computers that I have setup since I began.

Outlook 2003 support was added as a hotfix after ACT! 6.03. You might not be able to get ACT! 5.0 to connect to it.

pdxjj wrote:
The crazy thing is, I'm having the same problem with ACT 6 on my laptop running Win XP and Outlook 2003. My desktop, still running win 2000, allows ACT to work fine with Outlook 2003. I've tried the registry fix on the laptop with no success and I'm not running Norton. Besides the the operating systems, the only difference on the desktop is outlook installed from Office Pro and the laptop has Office SBE. Any thoughts?

1. You need ACT! 6.03 - Check Help | About
2. If running Norton Anyti Virus, you need to uninstall NAV (not just disable it), install ACT!, then reinstall NAV

I've got v 6.0.3.979

pdxjj wrote:
I've got v 6.0.3.979

And Outlook 2003?
What happens when you try to set it up?

ACT Error:
The installed version of Outlook is not supported.  Please upgrade it to Outlook 98 or newer, and retry.