Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 

Unable to send email from 6.0.3

Accepted Solution Solved
Copper Contributor
Accepted Solution

Unable to send email from 6.0.3

At our wits end.  Unable to send email from 6.0.3.  Get message "Cannot send message: Error creating message"  Have used knowledge base.  Tried all the ideas.  Have removed ACT and all its files.  Did it all.  And still, not able to send email.

Are there any new ideas to try that anyone has come across?  Thanks for your help.

Accepted Solutions
Solution
Accepted by topic author howardlarry145
‎09-25-2015 03:20 AM
Copper Contributor

Re: Unable to send email from 6.0.3

OK, listen up everyone.  Have been working on this issue for about four years.  Just solved it.

Went to the ACT! install CD.  Exited the auto start screen.  Went to Windows Explorer and found a file on the ACT! CD named

"ACTEmail"  It has an envelope for an icon.  I copied that file over to the ACT program file.  It asked if I wanted to replace

the existing file that was newer.  Usually you do not do such a thing but I did it.

Rebooted.  Then ACT! would not function properly.  Could not even get it to shut down so had to do the ctrl, alt, delete thing.

Then removed the ACT! program.  Reinstalled ACT!

The email now works like a charm.

Hope this helps others.

View solution in original post

All Replies

Ditto to last post - I'm using Vista and windows mail.
Solution
Accepted by topic author howardlarry145
‎09-25-2015 03:20 AM
Copper Contributor

OK, listen up everyone.  Have been working on this issue for about four years.  Just solved it.

Went to the ACT! install CD.  Exited the auto start screen.  Went to Windows Explorer and found a file on the ACT! CD named

"ACTEmail"  It has an envelope for an icon.  I copied that file over to the ACT program file.  It asked if I wanted to replace

the existing file that was newer.  Usually you do not do such a thing but I did it.

Rebooted.  Then ACT! would not function properly.  Could not even get it to shut down so had to do the ctrl, alt, delete thing.

Then removed the ACT! program.  Reinstalled ACT!

The email now works like a charm.

Hope this helps others.

Platinum Elite Contributor

There are a number of possibilities in this ACT! Knowledge Base article - http://tinyurl.com/4aercy or this one - http://tinyurl.com/4ru37t

If looking to do mass emails from ACT! 6.0, you should also have a look at the trial of MergeMaster!

sigfied87 wrote:
Ditto to last post - I'm using Vista and windows mail.

ACT! 6.0 is likely to have problems on Vista and definately won't work with Windows Mail

Can you use Windows Mail with Act 2008?

Thanks for the quick response.  If I use Act's email which I am in the process of setting up, does it have an address book outside of the Act database.  There are some contacts that I don't want to put into ACT as it would clutter things up ie I am the coach of my son's soccer team and send emails out to the soccer parents but don't want them in ACT just in an ACT email address book.

No. ACT!'s Internet Mail can only store email addresses in ACT!

Maybe use a seperate "personal" ACT! database?

Thanks for the quick reply, wish you had a better answer though Smiley Wink

It would be nice to be able to use the ACT email almost like a stand alone program so that I don't need to toggle between two programs, is there a spot to post want items for future development.  I don't know if I am the only one interested in this feature or not.

I do have Outlook with my office 2003 bundle, if I transfer my window mail address book to outlook will ACT email be able to pull the addresses from that book?