Community
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 

Trying to install ACT6 on rebuilt xp machine and syncing to Palm

Trying to install ACT6 on rebuilt xp machine and syncing to Palm

Hi,

I wonder if someone can help me as I am tearing my hair out.

A friend of mine has Act 6 installed on a desktop, a laptop and a palm pilot. His XP machine, (which syncs to his palm) needed re-installing due to crashing.

I have offerd to do this for him but I cannot get the palm to sync with the XP machine , it worked before I rebuilt the XP machine.

I backed up the database from the laptop installed act 6 and restored it onto the desktop and it all looked OK, same database name in top left corner.

When the palm is plugged in and a hotsync performed it doesn't update. It doesn't give any error messages either.

Is there any additional steps to perform on the desktop to allow this to happen. I have no knowledge of how ACT works nor does my friend  as someone else initially set it up.

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Re: Trying to install ACT6 on rebuilt xp machine and syncing to Palm

Hi again,

After trawling around I have found that you need to install the Sync Service on the PC in order for it to sync with the main database which is on the laptop.

Once this is complete will the palm be able to sync again with the desktop or will anything need to be done first to enable the sync to take place.

Thanks,

Col.