Community
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 

Trouble Printing Labels - ACT 6

Trouble Printing Labels - ACT 6

When I try to print labels for a contact list (File; print; printout type = labels; labels = Avery 5160 / 8160 / 8660) the printout does not format properly to the 5160 labels and part of the address lands between the labels. Any ideas?
Platinum Elite Contributor

Re: Trouble Printing Labels - ACT 6

Try doing the labels to preview and see if they look correct there. If so, the problem is the printer or the label stock. I've never seen any problems when using actual Avery sheets but I have seen problems with so called Avery equivalents.
Roy Laudenslager
ACT! Certified Consultant
ACT! Report Expert
Durkin Impact Report Designer
www.techbenders.com
royel@techbenders.com
541-343-8129

Thanks for your reply. I have tried this, and they look ok with the notable exception of too much space above the first row of labels which is causing the misallignment. Is there a way to reduce the space at the top of the page?

Thanks again.

I've had similar problem...the problem is most likely with the feed on your printer.  Some printers have a lever you can flip for thicker stock paper such as labels.  If yours does not, try lightly pushing the label page into the printer as it begins feeding.  The extra space you have is most likly because your printer isn't grabbing the page quick enough.  Hope this helps.

Platinum Elite Contributor

Modifying the settings for labels with ACT! 6 is no easy task. If you want to attempt it, refer to the knowledge base article number 10605.
Roy Laudenslager
ACT! Certified Consultant
ACT! Report Expert
Durkin Impact Report Designer
www.techbenders.com
royel@techbenders.com
541-343-8129