Community
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 

The ability to scroll via my mouse thru the task list and contacts notes has stopped- on/off switch?

The ability to scroll via my mouse thru the task list and contacts notes has stopped- on/off switch?

Version: 5.0.4

The ability to scroll via my mouse through the task list and contact notes has stopped working.

I have changed the mouse (even though it works on other applications) and reloaded the software a few times to no avail.

Any suggestions would be appreciated.

Platinum Elite Contributor

That is actually a mouse driver issue. The scroll wheel with older Microsoft mouse drivers worked with ACT! 5 and 6 without any problems. Later versions do not. The Logitech mouse drivers have always had problems.
Roy Laudenslager
ACT! Certified Consultant
ACT! Report Expert
Durkin Impact Report Designer
www.techbenders.com
royel@techbenders.com
541-343-8129

Re: The ability to scroll via my mouse thru the task list & contacts notes has stopped

So...find the drivers for an older mouse w/ a scroll wheel? Could a new mouse out in the market today work?

Re: The ability to scroll via my mouse thru the task list & contacts notes has stopped

I just updated my Logitech mouse driver and still have the same issue. I get an error message, the whole list disappears, and a big red X appears across the whole area where the list was. The error says, "Item has already been added. Key in dictionary: 1432". Key being added "1432". Refreshing the page doesn't work, nor does going back to Detail View and then to List View again. I have to close the program and restart.

Hello DianaJ,
What version of ACT! are you using? And what operating system does your computer use?

Greig Hollister

Note: Effective 6/1/13, Sage no longers provides support for the Act! software. This is now provided by Swiftpage.

This is a mouse driver issue. the Logitech drivers haven't had that capability for perhaps 10 years or more. At one time you could install a Microsoft mouse driver and it would provide the capability even with a Logitech mouse. Hoever you would need to get an older version of the Microsoft mouse driver because the latest versions nolonger provide that capability with ACT! 6.

Roy Laudenslager
ACT! Report Expert
www.techbenders.com
royel@techbenders.com
541-343-8129

Hi, Greig. We have ACT! 2011 and my computer runs XP Pro, SP3.

Roy,

Which capability are you speaking of? Is it just a conflict between the more recent Logitech mouse drivers and ACT? I can scroll in any other program - although sometimes it will work for a while and then suddenly stop working in Adobe InDesign.

Thanks,

Diana

I'm not sure. My guess is that link between Windows, the mouse driver and ACT! 6 depended on what Windows consider a legacy connection that they no longer support. You have to remember that ACT! 6 uses the ACT! 3 platform and that was designed for Windows 95. It is primarily a mouse driver issue because I was able to get the wheel scroll to work with ACT! 6 on XP when I installed an older version of the Microsoft mouse driver.

Roy Laudenslager
ACT! Report Expert
www.techbenders.com
royel@techbenders.com
541-343-8129

Roy,

Sorry, I didn't realize we were talking about ACT! 6 here. I have ACT! 2011, so maybe that means it's an even worse situation, being a greater difference between the age of the mouse and the age of the program.

Thanks,

Diana