Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 

The My Record cannot be deleted.

Accepted Solution Solved
Copper Contributor
Accepted Solution

The My Record cannot be deleted.

Every time I go to delete certain records, I receive this message: The My Record cannot be deleted.

Is there a way to delete these contacts or change the flag set?

ACT 6.0.3.979

XP Pro sp3 

(8) users

SBS2003 (Act database is here)

Steve

Accepted Solutions
Solution
Accepted by topic author stevezapp
‎09-25-2015 03:20 AM
Copper Contributor

Re: The My Record cannot be deleted.

Roy

Many thanks, this works fine. Solved

Steve

Here is the link:

http://kb.sagesoftwareonline.com/cgi-bin/sagesoftwareonline.cfg/php/enduser/std_adp.php?

p_faqid=12026&p_created=1120259997&p_sid=kg-6vUck&p_accessibility=0&p_redirect=&p_lva=11660&p_sp=cF9zcmNoPTEmcF9zb3J0X2J5PSZwX2dyaWRzb3J0PSZwX3Jvd19jbnQ9NSw1JnBfcHJvZHM9NjUxMiwxMjUzLDEzMTQmcF9jYXRzPSZwX3B2PTMuMTMxNCZwX2N2PSZwX3NlYXJjaF90eXBlPWFuc3dlcnMuc2VhcmNoX25sJnBfcGFnZT0xJnBfc2VhcmNoX3

View solution in original post

All Replies
Bronze Contributor

Every user in the ACT! database has a corresponding 'My Record' - usually the user name and the name on their 'My Record' are close, but sometimes users accidently change names on records.  You can't delete a 'My Record' unless you delete them as a user, first.  Check under File, Administration, Define Users to see the user list.  In those old versions of ACT!, there wasn't a simple way of seeing those My Records other than logging in as each user and seeing which record comes up when you log in, since the first record you see is always the My Record associated with that login.

Good luck

Signature
Copper Contributor

I went to define users first and the correct users are listed there.

This is different, I have some contacts that have that when I go to delete, this is when I get the My Record message.

Platinum Elite Contributor

That could happed with ACT! 6. The My record flag is set in error on those contacts. Database repair had a tool to reset the flag and I think that at one time it was available through the knowledge base. Try checking there.

Roy Laudenslager
ACT! Certified Consultant
ACT! Report Expert
Durkin Impact Report Designer
www.techbenders.com
royel@techbenders.com
541-343-8129
Solution
Accepted by topic author stevezapp
‎09-25-2015 03:20 AM
Copper Contributor

Roy

Many thanks, this works fine. Solved

Steve

Here is the link:

http://kb.sagesoftwareonline.com/cgi-bin/sagesoftwareonline.cfg/php/enduser/std_adp.php?

p_faqid=12026&p_created=1120259997&p_sid=kg-6vUck&p_accessibility=0&p_redirect=&p_lva=11660&p_sp=cF9zcmNoPTEmcF9zb3J0X2J5PSZwX2dyaWRzb3J0PSZwX3Jvd19jbnQ9NSw1JnBfcHJvZHM9NjUxMiwxMjUzLDEzMTQmcF9jYXRzPSZwX3B2PTMuMTMxNCZwX2N2PSZwX3NlYXJjaF90eXBlPWFuc3dlcnMuc2VhcmNoX25sJnBfcGFnZT0xJnBfc2VhcmNoX3