Community
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 

Synchronizing ACT 6.0 & Outlook 2002

Tuned Listener

Synchronizing ACT 6.0 & Outlook 2002

Does anyone know of any good reference sites or books that detail the steps to adequately & totally sync ACT 6.0 with Outlook 2002 (or 2003)?  I want to make sure I understand all the steps & in what order to complete them before I get started.    My goal is to get everyone in the office who uses both programs to see everyone's calendars and be able to coordinate meetings & travel plans with each other.  Thanks.
Platinum Elite Contributor

Re: Synchronizing ACT 6.0 & Outlook 2002

It's never going to completely work... Outlook lacks the functionality to link activities with contacts and doesn't support as much detail.

The closest you'll be able to get to this is with DoubleLook from www.CompanionLink.com

Tuned Listener

Maybe I made it sound more complicated than I want.  I thought Outlook & ACT could be integrated & synchronized to work together.  I believed I could use the ACT database for contact information and calendar scheduling with Outlook.  If someone likes to use Outlook for their scheduling purposes, if the two programs were synced, whatever that person sets up in Outlook would show in ACT and vice versa.  So if my engineering manager wanted to schedule a meeting with sales & production, he could check the calendar of everyone and see who was available.  If someone is on vacation or a business trip, I want everyone to be able to see the calendar of who is gone when.  In addition, I want people to be able to use the ACT database for e-mail addresses, which I already have set up & working.  Hope that helps.
Platinum Elite Contributor

The real problem with this is that Outlook is only a PIM and doesn't support as much data and doesn't link activities to contacts as done in Contact Managers and CRM products