Community
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 

Synchronizing 2 ACT 6.0 databases

Accepted Solution Solved
Accepted Solution

Synchronizing 2 ACT 6.0 databases

We have ACT on a laptop and desktop in the same office. How do I synchronize them? I thought I followed the directions correctly the first time but it merged the entire database from the laptop into the desktop. Not what I wanted but I can live with it. Now I tried to synchronize again to get all the updates and got a message on the desktop ACT database that says "A synchronization packet created by this database was found and put in the briefcase". So where is this, how do I access it, do I have to import it into my database??? I'm totally confused! Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks,

Patty

Accepted Solutions
Solution
Accepted by topic author PattyShadof
‎09-25-2015 03:20 AM
Platinum Elite Contributor

Re: Synchronizing 2 ACT 6.0 databases

Check the knowledge base for these document IDs, 11647, 11979 and 11740, they are the definitive documents on ACT! 6 synchronization.
Roy Laudenslager
ACT! Certified Consultant
ACT! Report Expert
Durkin Impact Report Designer
www.techbenders.com
royel@techbenders.com
541-343-8129

View solution in original post

All Replies
Solution
Accepted by topic author PattyShadof
‎09-25-2015 03:20 AM
Platinum Elite Contributor

Check the knowledge base for these document IDs, 11647, 11979 and 11740, they are the definitive documents on ACT! 6 synchronization.
Roy Laudenslager
ACT! Certified Consultant
ACT! Report Expert
Durkin Impact Report Designer
www.techbenders.com
royel@techbenders.com
541-343-8129

ok, where do I find these documents? I have an old ACT! 2000 book, which hasn't gotten me where I want to go. I tried looking for these documents on the ACT website but am not finding them. Help!