Community
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 

Synchronization

Synchronization

I am currently running ACT6 in my three computers!.   Home, Office and my Notebook and I would synchronize them when needed.   For a reason I don't know, it stopped Synchronizing at all or when it did, nothing happens or I would get a partial transfer of information.    I did reindex the database and used the ACTDIAG tool to repair al three databases with no success whatsoever.

Any clues on how to fix the problem?

Platinum Elite Contributor

Re: Synchronization

Synchronization with ACT! 6 was very fragile and prone to breaking down. A broken sync was seldom recoverable without redoing the sync setup. You can try deleting the SDB and SDX files on all three computers and do a sync and see if that will correct the problem. Make sure you have backups of all three databases and be aware that the the sync will be doing a merge of the contact records with the entire most recently modified record will be kept and the sync won't be performed at the field level.

Roy Laudenslager
ACT! Certified Consultant
ACT! Report Expert
Durkin Impact Report Designer
www.techbenders.com
royel@techbenders.com
541-343-8129

Dear Roy:

I am sorry for the delay in answering your kind support message but December is very tough for me with a lot of work to close a nice year.

Did all you told me to do and more:  I used the ACTDIALOG tool in order to repair the databases, I did use the mantiniance tool to do the same and erased all indexes, etc. and nothing worked out.  I been working with ACT since the very beggining with DOS version and Outlook does not work for me.     I am considering the New ACT or Salesforce to move away from ACT 6.0.   What would you suggest?

Platinum Elite Contributor

Upgrade to the latest version of the ACT! program. Salesforce does work but you basically rent access and I've heard they tend to low-ball to get you in and then start adding extra charges.

Roy Laudenslager
ACT! Certified Consultant
ACT! Report Expert
Durkin Impact Report Designer
www.techbenders.com
royel@techbenders.com
541-343-8129
Bronze Contributor

What Roy suggest is the best course of action and I have had a few clients go to Salesforce over the years and most are reluctant to admit they are now spending on average over twice as much on an annual basis to maintain their databases.

I still do a lot of support on version 6 with some existing clients and provided you are running XP the major reason I have found it fails is a change to the networking enviroment rather than within the application itself.

Paul Buchtmann
pbuchtmann@ozemail.com.au Australia
Australia's First ACT Consultant (1989)

FREE Record History to change default to Call or To-Do for ACT! 2010-2012 versions. Custom versions also available.