Community
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 

Synchronisation Act! 6

mis

Synchronisation Act! 6

Hi,

I have a problem of configuration synchronization with Act!6.

On one client PC, I can't choose the option "Lock database upon synchronising", and obviously this option is needed. I have compared both stations (one is good) but no solution.

Thank you for your help.

Platinum Elite Contributor

Re: Synchronisation Act! 6

Most likely you have a problem with the synchronization setup. Setting up synchronization with ACT! 6 is a very complex process and the sync setup can be very fragile. Here are the document IDs for the proper way to setup synchronization with ACT! 6.

11647, 11979 and 11740

Roy Laudenslager
ACT! Certified Consultant
ACT! Report Expert
Durkin Impact Report Designer
www.techbenders.com
royel@techbenders.com
541-343-8129
mis

Thank you very much for your response but I don't find the solution for my issue in these documentations.

In the synchronize dialog window, I can't select "Lock the database upon synchronizing". Have you a solution for this?

As I said, your setup is likely invalid and need to be done over from scratch. Generally speaking with ACT! 6 if synchronization failed for any reason your only option was to start over from a single master database and redo the entire setup.

Roy Laudenslager
ACT! Certified Consultant
ACT! Report Expert
Durkin Impact Report Designer
www.techbenders.com
royel@techbenders.com
541-343-8129

Is the user an Administrator of the database? This is necessary to lock it.

Can you lock the database from the menu - File | Administration | Lock Database

If they are, you might also see this ACT! Knowledge Base article - http://tinyurl.com/6qw32h

Specifically -

• WinFAX Pro, Accounting Link, Email or something else that is keeping a connection to the database 
  • Damaged Locking File

Locking the database during sync is only necessary to send schema changes. The data should sync without it (although a bit slower)