Community
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 

Showing Groups from ACT v6 in Outlook Address Book?

Accepted Solution Solved
Tuned Listener
Accepted Solution

Showing Groups from ACT v6 in Outlook Address Book?

I have set up several groups within ACT v6.  Right now, the only way I have found to send an e-mail to a particular group is to select the group & then do WRITE/E-MAIL in ACT.  But it uses the ACT e-mail program.

I would like to create a message in Outlook.  Then click on the TO button to select a group to send the message to.  Right now when I click on TO, only my ACT contacts appear, not any group.  Is there any way to get groups to appear in my ACT address book when I click the TO button?

Thanks.

Accepted Solutions
Solution
Accepted by topic author macroprez
‎09-25-2015 03:20 AM
Platinum Elite Contributor

Re: Showing Groups from ACT v6 in Outlook Address Book?

Groups are unique to ACT!s functionality and Outlook has no concept of a what an ACT! Group is.  So, the only way to email to an ACT! Group is from within ACT!.

Greig Hollister

Note: Effective 6/1/13, Sage no longers provides support for the Act! software. This is now provided by Swiftpage.

View solution in original post

All Replies
Solution
Accepted by topic author macroprez
‎09-25-2015 03:20 AM

Groups are unique to ACT!s functionality and Outlook has no concept of a what an ACT! Group is.  So, the only way to email to an ACT! Group is from within ACT!.

Greig Hollister

Note: Effective 6/1/13, Sage no longers provides support for the Act! software. This is now provided by Swiftpage.

Tuned Listener

That makes sense.  Thank you.  Then does it stand to reason that the only way for me to e-mail to a list of recipients outside of ACT is to export their e-mail addresses to a separate file & use this file in Outlook?  Of course, the problem with this solution is this exported list could become out of date if there are changes made in the ACT database.  It's something I would have to be aware of.

Outlook can do an email merge from its Contacts folder, but you would need to add the ACT! contacts to the Outlook contacts. I believe this can be done from the Address Book view in Outlook, or by exporting the ACT! contacts to a .csv file and then importing that into Outlook. So , I believe the answer to your question is "yes", your list will be a static one that you will need to update periodically.

Greig Hollister