Community
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 

Sharing Layout and Fields

Sharing Layout and Fields

I created a Layout and put that in a shared folder. We want to set up new users and have them use that layout. We can put it in the ACT6 Layout location of the new user just fine. BUT

1) It does not appear the field layout actually goes into the users Act 6 as it should - some of the layout "labels" did not appear in the new users Act 6 layout of the same name.

2) The bigger more important issue is the field definitions did not transfer. (i.e. one of the fields had a drop down with either a "yes" or "no" choice and the user cannot edit the field.) The field definitions did not transfer.

I cannot find anything in the help file. What am I doing wrong?

Thanks

Platinum Elite Contributor

Re: Sharing Layout and Fields

The layout doesn't control the database. It doesn't sounld like you're sharing the database.

Roy Laudenslager
ACT! Certified Consultant
ACT! Report Expert
Durkin Impact Report Designer
www.techbenders.com
royel@techbenders.com
541-343-8129

Roy, you are right each sales person has their own database (we have 20 licenses) but we want the same information to be acquired by each salesman. Any ideas on how to do this other than create the same atrributes (database) on each persons PC.
Platinum Elite Contributor

If they're on the same network than you can share the database from the server. Otherwise you would need to setup synchronization.

Roy Laudenslager
ACT! Certified Consultant
ACT! Report Expert
Durkin Impact Report Designer
www.techbenders.com
royel@techbenders.com
541-343-8129