Community
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 

Selecting ACT Groups When Using Outlook

Tuned Listener

Selecting ACT Groups When Using Outlook

We send e-mails to our sales reps in html format.  The only way we have found to make this work is to open Internet Explorer, enter the file name of the html file that is being sent, then Select File/Send/Page by e-mail.  This opens Outlook and we can enter an e-mail address.

I would like to know how to use Groups from Act v6.0 in Outlook 2002/2003.  Instead of individually selecting each rep's e-mail address from my ACT address book, is there a way to select a Group which includes all our sales reps? I believe I could do this using a group set up in my Outlook personal address book but I would like to use ACT.

Conversely, if anyone know how to send html style e-mail messages from ACT v6.0 to a Group, please let me know.  Thanks.

Platinum Elite Contributor

Re: Selecting ACT Groups When Using Outlook

You can't do what you want to do using ACT! 6.
Roy Laudenslager
ACT! Certified Consultant
ACT! Report Expert
Durkin Impact Report Designer
www.techbenders.com
royel@techbenders.com
541-343-8129
Tuned Listener

Can this be done with a newer version of ACT, and if so, what version of both ACT & Outlook?  Also, what are the steps.  Thanks.
Tuned Listener

I should have also asked this question: I know how to from within ACT v6.0 select a Group, then click the e-mail icon to send the same e-mail to every member of the group.  Is there a way from within Outlook 2002 or 2003 that when you click on the TO button, my various ACT Groups will be shown in addition to the individual ACT contact e-mail addresses?  Thanks.
Bronze Contributor

I have had success using an add-on from crm-service.com called ACT!EmailConnectProfessional.  It is very flexible including giving you the ability to schedule eMails to be sent at a specific time. 
John Purdy
ACT! Premium 2016 (V. 18)
Dell XPS Ultrabook with 4GB, Win 10 Pro, & Office 365, 32bit