Community
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 

Saved emails in ACT! Problem

Saved emails in ACT! Problem

I had to do a PC RESTORE to clean up my computer, when I set everything back up I used my full name as the "USER" rather than my first name like I orginally had it set up.  I'm using ACT! 6.0.  When I restored my ACT! database I went to go look up an email a client sent me under their contact name and I couldn't access it.  Unbeknownst to me, I didn't realize that when your emails are attached to a contact it just creates a path to the email folder in my documents.  I had no idea the "user name" in the path was going to affect it.  Does anyone know how I can access the emails (short of going to the email folder and manually clicking through each email (over 2300 emails!)? I even tried changing the paths manually in the history field but it won't let you change it.  

Will just renaming the user name (C:\Documents and Settings\Kevin......) fix it (other than the last 3 days of saving emails to contacts will have the current user name in the path)? Or will that screw up the programs that are currently under the new user name?

Any help would be great.  

Re: Saved emails in ACT! Problem

[ Edited ]

spicerk,

I wouldn't recommend renaming the folder.  Instead, create a new user with the name its looking for.  Then move the emails to the proper location.

Message Edited by dlunceford on 08-11-2008 04:11 PM

Re: Saved emails in ACT! Problem

Thank you. I'll give that a shot