Community
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 

Running ACT 6 on Vista & 7

RSD

Running ACT 6 on Vista & 7

I'm currently running ACT 6 on my Windows XP laptop and very happy with it.  I'm considering replacing my laptop with a new desktop running Vista which will be upgraded to Windows 7 when it's released.  I'd like to install my ACT 6 on the new desktop and re-import all my contacts.  Can I do this?
Platinum Elite Contributor

Re: Running ACT 6 on Vista & 7

Maybe. Some people get ACT! 6 to run on Vista though connection to office 2007 can't be done. Others can't even get ACT! 6 to install. Either way you're basically on your own.
Roy Laudenslager
ACT! Certified Consultant
ACT! Report Expert
Durkin Impact Report Designer
www.techbenders.com
royel@techbenders.com
541-343-8129
RSD

If I can't get ACT 6 to run on Vista, am I to assume that my only option would be to upgrade ACT to a newer version? 

Yes
Roy Laudenslager
ACT! Report Expert
www.techbenders.com
royel@techbenders.com
541-343-8129
RSD

I've heard that even if I can get ACT 6 to run on Vista, it is not fully compatible and that ACT 10 is the only ACT version to be fully compatible with Vista?  If that is the case, is ACT 10 compatible with MS Office 2003 or do I need to also upgrade that to MS Office 2007?

ACT! 2008 (ACT! 10) and ACT! 2009 and the soon to be released ACT! 2010 are all compatible with Vista and both office 2003 and 2007. ACT! 2009 and 2010 are also compatible with the Vista 64-bit version. The main hardware recommendations for using ACT! on Vista are 2G RAM and a 7200 RPM or faster hard drive.
Roy Laudenslager
ACT! Report Expert
www.techbenders.com
royel@techbenders.com
541-343-8129
RSD

One last question (I think), I'm using ACT for Palm 2.0 inconjunction with ACT 6.0.  If I was to upgrade to ACT 2009 or soon to be released 2010, do you know if ACT for Palm 2.0 is (or will be) compatable or will I need to also upgade my ACT for Palm software?

im running ACT on Windows 7 64-bit.. no problems! Plus, if you are having problems with Windows 7, install ACT inside of XP-MODE... problem solved!