Community
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 

Restoring Act 6.03 to Act for Web

Restoring Act 6.03 to Act for Web

When using the 'restore as' function to ceate a database in a new version of Act for the Web I get a message that the file in the usb backup does not contain a database file. It is there and is a 6.03 version of Interact Corp. software, I have backed up several times on this 6.03 version and backed up to the 6.03 laptop database. Does Act for Web not reconize this version of Act since it is not Sage? Do I have to export as an text file, build a new database and map it to the new database? Have tried several ways of getting it to transfere with no luck,   any help....

Platinum Elite Contributor

Re: Restoring Act 6.03 to Act for Web

If it's an ACT! 6.0.3 database you have to convert it, you can't use restore.

Roy Laudenslager
ACT! Certified Consultant
ACT! Report Expert
Durkin Impact Report Designer
www.techbenders.com
royel@techbenders.com
541-343-8129

When you say convert, meaning convert to another database or convert to a text file and map to the new database that I have to build?     thanks for the replay...

Silver Contributor

You need to open the ACT 6. database in New ACT.  In most cases, this will do the trick.  Restore As in ACT 2010 is for opening existing ACT SQL based database.

ACT 2010 won't read your ACT 6.0 database .zip backup file. Go ahead and extract it or move the entire database to the new machine. Then choose File, Open and set the files of type from .pad to .dbf.  It is also worth mentioning that not just the .dbf file make up hte ACT 6.0 database. Grab all the files

Here is an ACT Knowledge base Article that should help. How to Convert an ACT! 3.x - 6.x Database Backup Zip File to ACT! 2005 or Later

Test Drive Act! and Quickbooks over Citrix http://GoTryAct.com

Jon Klubnik| ActTrainer.com
(866)710 4228

ACT! Certified Consultant / ACT! Premier Trainer / ACT! Hosting Provider

thanks Jon, will proceed....